Friday, February 17, 2012

Miami Beach run



This was a weird but fun run. I got lost a couple of times and walked some because it's so hot and humid...over 80 degrees and hard to breathe. So ignore the time (message to myself). I started at the Sheraton at the Miami Airport and ended up at a clothing store (bought some necessities) on Ocean Drive on Miami Beach. In between I ran through the depths of poverty, and ended up in the lap of luxury. From having to navigate passed out homeless people's heads to euro trash fake boobs (not sure which is more disturbing) all in the course of about 5 miles. I saw a flock of parrots on a telephone wire. I am pretty sure I saw the hotel where they chainsaw the guy in the bathtub in Scarface...actually I thought that about 10 times throughout the run...there are some scary hoods in Miami! Then a gorgeous barefoot ocean walk along South Beach...skeezy guys, string bikini'd starving girls, old ladies, families, tourists. It was a feast for the eyes. I already am having body issues just being here in the land of self obsession but I'm also liking it. I feel like Jefferson in Paris. Off to the pool!

1 comment:

  1. I'd also like to keep a digital record of the fact that I saw Jon Corzine and Ric Ocasek at dinner tonight. Miami is growing on meb(metastasizing)?

    ReplyDelete