Sunday, May 17, 2015

Early Summer Garden Update 5/17/15

It may not officially yet be summer but given the early Spring that we had I feel like plant growth-wise we're in to June already. The impetus for this particular blog was the removal of the fava beans...a rite of passage each year, and always fun. Lots of beans to harvest and then planting the waiting tomatoes and peppers. This year I did them all from seed EXCEPT for one, small golden something or others. My hunch is that these will produce earlier with big yields but I may be wrong...or I may be half riiiight. ("Reel Around the Fountain" is on while I type this).

The sky is bright at 5:30am, it's summer, folks. Get out and enjoy it as much as I plan to!
CHALLENGE: For this photos series try to spot the Elizabethan Missy Misdemeanor lingering in the front yard.

Veggie garden, favas removed, tomatoes and peppers (and a zucchini) planted.

A "Jerusalem" flower of some sort...it spoke to me so I made an impulse buy. We'll see what happens. 

I think my "Love In A Mist" seeds might finally have bloomed...i wasn't sure this would happen and I'm THRILLED!!!!

It's not all sunshine and moonbeans around here....something was eating my clematis and my kale...slugs. Sluggo purchased...lighting a candle for you darn slugs, you just picked the wrong bush to eff with. 

Well the lacinto and lollipop kale is looking lots better since I killed all of those damn slugs. 

early Summer in the front yard...i like that it keeps changing.

raspberries, mint and blueberries

Just about to see our first Lupine of the year.

Peas, pweese!

I like black plants #goth

Missy approved fence. Great job, honey!

Going to try rebar for my dahlia stabilizers this year. If this doesn't work I really just don't know what.



No comments:

Post a Comment