Friday, July 15, 2011

I found these purple flowers..

My good friend who shall remain nameless except for the fact that her first name is Ilka (hope I didn't give anything away there) said that the title of my blog sounds suspiciously like a "mommy blog". The thought of that made me want to drag something sharp across my throat. Lucinda Williams Live at the Fillmore is such an amazing album and the song after which this blog is named I can assure you has nothing to do with children...haters be damned. I will continue to reference this song in my blog until I run out of ways to. On that note, let's take a look at the back and side yards shall we? I am planning on doing some major work this weekend and during my staycation on these parts.


Backyard before...they had this strange pond thingy which we turned in a firepit. Eventually I want to turn it in to a McMenamins-esque soaking pool. It WILL happen.

backyard now...Colin added lots more grass by transplanting from the front yard and finding cheap sod on craigslist.

Herb garden. Parsley, oregano, chives and sage are doing great (cilantro and dill need some help)...and it's wonderful to have them right by the kitchen so I can just walk outside and hack off a piece as needed when cooking.

Hostas are the purple flowers I speak of...they are shade dwelling perennials and do really well in Oregon apparently. These were just planted a few weeks ago and so far so good. Hopefully by next year these really come to life. This area gets neglected so I hope they can get by without much love from me...sorry guys, I'm busy.

My much adored potted Meyer Lemon tree. I will write a whole blog about this tree (control your excitement).

My favorite place to walk...the Japanese maple grove. This area really needs no improvement.

The sun facing side yard...Colin just ripped up all but one of the weird trees that were there so that we can plant a big raspberry patch. Not sure when the best time is to plant raspberries but it's probably not right now. Project for later.

1 comment: