Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Tracks of 2011- off topic post

In keeping with my New Year's resolution to drink more before 5pm, I'm having a mimosa and refining my TOP TRACKS OF 2011..I tried to stick to music released in 2011 but there may be a few that are a little older. Sue me!

Jelly- what did I miss here? I'm sure a ton. Fill in the blanks, mamacita!


I'm On One- DJ Khaled (this song makes me feel like I'm somewhere really fun having a party even when I am in my car driving to work and don't have any purple in my cup)

Sleazy Remix- Ke$ha (The orignal remix from 2010 with just Ke$ha and Andre 3000 is amazing as well because Ke$ha gets to rap more, but how can you deny this super group...and the best rhyme of the year goes to Lil' Wayne with "smoking neon, Kings of Leon, Dynamite Napoleon")

A Certain Person- Light Asylum (an African American Alison Moyet, how can you go wrong? I love Yaz and I love this whole EP)

Long Heels, Red Bottoms- Trina (Trina is hitting her stride...and in really high heels which makes it even more impressive. The ultimate bad b#tch...can't wait for the full album)

Good For My Money- Baby Bash (Bashtown was a great album too, now that I think about it. So many good tracks...this is my fave though. Luv me some BB)

Man Down- Rihanna (Thanks for pointing this one out to me, Jelly! Anyone who says Rihanna isn't talented needs to listen to this one. Brumm bumpa bum)

The Real Her- Drake (I love Andre 3000's rap on this one, he is on a ROLL in 2011, hope he releases something of his own soon! And this album is really good, "Cameras" "I'm So Proud" ...tons of goodness)

Fancy- Envy & Fancy (first heard this one on Basketball Wives when Royce twerks it to Ludacris and shows all the girls how much more flexible she is than them. it was WAR after that...love me some Basketball Wives in 2012!)

Still In Love With You- Sade (Have always loved this Thin Lizzy track...and Sade doing it makes, well not BETTER, but more Sade-ish so that's great)


Teenage Dream- Katy Perry (Would I let my 8 year old daughter listen to this? Tough call, probably. With a speech beforehand* but I don't have an 8 year old daughter and mommy is kind of slutty.)

Claudia Lewis- M83 (this is a remix/remaster/release something or other of an album that came out 10 years ago but it's a great album and this version came out this year so it counts. If you aren't familiar with M83 listen to "Graveyard Girl" just once and you'll be hooked.)

Compliments- Tank (man, he really gets it doesn't he? i wuv woo, Tank)

Shut Up- R. Kelly (In addition to Love Letters, Kelz did another full album "mix tape" and this track is the gem...although "So Magical" a close second. It's on the web somewhere...not easy to get though, you have to want it. Now about that R. Kelly Cruise in October, I am socking it away in my piggy bank, where there's a will...)

I'm Beaming- Lupe Fiasco (He took me a while to get in to, sounds too polished and Kanye-ish at first listen but upon further listening a few songs stand out this being the best. Why it's a bonus track I'm not sure.)

In For the Kill (Skrillex Remix)- La Roux (I hope she's not a flash in the pan, this gal is rad. There are a zillion remixes of this track but this one is my fave)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I was just listening to most of these yesterday. The others I will be checking out. Especially La Roux...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just listened to those 2 new Kelz tracks that are VERY promising and a T.I. mixtape
    with this song on it...2012 is looking promising:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3bcrE9qBY

    here is the Kelz:
    http://youtu.be/pBJDLPjsTvk

    ReplyDelete