Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weather Weirdness

We started the week here in Corvallis with a snow storm and ended it with major flooding, so much that Benton County was (and may still be, not sure) declared a disaster area. Some parts of South Corvallis and Albany were hit pretty hard based on what I've seen but the Scio area, where I ran a 1/2 marathon aptly called "The Roaring River 1/2 Marathon" remained above ground for the most part. I have no idea where I really was, though...there were lots of fields and farms and not much else other than rain. I clocked in at 2:05, my best yet....I was motivated by natural disaster movie scenes playing in my head, particularly that Jake Gyllenhall (sp) movie where New York freezes and he has to live in the library but fortunately the hot chick he likes is there too. That and goth music like this Tones on Tail song got me through. Also, "Moves Like Jagger" on mile 12 kept it live. Hey, whatever it takes:


No comments:

Post a Comment